Journeys of A Man

Thursday, November 04, 2004

for Michelle

I was thinking about an old friend today, and I thought I'd pull this from my book that I've been keeping all these years. This was written in 97, a little while after my friend had died. I usually don't talk directly on here, but I promised myself (after I heard the news of her accident) to never let the burdens of life give me a shitty day or attitude. I know that's a hard thing to do because life is hard sometimes. But these words brought me comfort back then and I don't feel as though I wrote them, but as though they were a gift transferred from me to my pen and paper. So I'll post them here-for reflection and comfort. They were inspired by what one of her best friends told me when we spoke of her. He said, "a lifetime on earth is but a song in heaven."

Stepped outside just the other day, watched the blue sky and the white clouds just roll away.
You were here for just a little while, everyone calls you out in memories, but even in my memories, you smile.
You made us laugh because that's what you'd do.
You have brought us closer, but we miss you.
Sing God's praises with us in every way, we will finish the song with you in heaven some day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home