Journeys of A Man

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Wide

It's true what you heard about...
dropped, lifted, the thoughts in my mind
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I heard you say
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
wait for another moment not like this one
no, this one won't do
shhhhhhhhhhhhh
shhhhhhhhhhh
wait for another chance
because this one has already slipped through
I saw the thought that was in your eyes
I saw the anger that was in the lullaby
that you sang to me near a window, near the shore
but i covered my ears and thought about the way it was before
before you and I were we
before I was myself
and before the rain hit the ocean and fell to the floor
before I knew that leaving required passing through
unknown places and empty faces
and empty bottles of plastic and glass
and how nothing ever seems to...........
to..................
to...................?

1 Comments:

  • At 9/18/2004 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You'll appreciate this song too. Colin Hay "Waiting For My Real Life to Begin"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home