Journeys of A Man

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Going Nowhere Fast

I have a smile that could kill from a thousand paces
But I don’t take it out these days to any places
It’s drowning away
Inside a sea of grey

I don’t want to go through the motions
I’d rather rise and fall in a thousand oceans
Golden sunsets
With no regrets

But I’m living my days trapped against the turning of the world
Stuck in a chair
Going nowhere
But down

I wish an army would save me
Lift me from the depths back to sanity
I’ve taken far too many doses of reality
Now give me fantasy

Fantasy
Baby
I could run
Fantasy
Baby
I could come undone
Fantasy
Baby
Dream how I want to live
Live how I want to dream

2 Comments:

  • At 1/06/2008 7:56 PM , Blogger Kris Jane said...

    I'm no army..just a stranger..telling you to get out of your chair..and to go live your fantasies. Fantasies don't come to you..you make them (they're yours).
    Sounds like a nice tune for playing on a guitar though...

     
  • At 1/21/2008 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am an army of one! You sound as you did a long time ago, before I left out on leave. I thought since you got another job things would be better in your world. Is it the job that holds you back from your fantasies? Or is it just you? I miss talking to you. You can e-mail me anytime. moonstruck94@hotmail.com Don't loose your fantasies!! Tamara

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home