Journeys of A Man

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

27, and unfinished thoughts

I don't want to go to sleep yet.
I want to hold a match until it becomes impossible because of the heat.
Then I'll need to blow it out, or just drop it and wonder if I could have held it longer.
Could I?
Yes?
No?
Then I remember the look in the man's face today.
The look in the woman's face the day before that.
They were bored.
They were tired of our conversation.
Sometimes I want to grab people by the shoulder and shake them until I can get through to them that today could be their last.
To smile more, or to cry.
Shit, just do something.
And then, yes, after all this...I think, what does it matter?
If they don't care then why should I?
Should I?
Yes?
No?
It's funny how fast the years are going by.
My friend asked the other day if I ever battled with depression.
Don't we all?
Yes?
No?
I guess it's just more obvious with me because I leave it out here for everyone to read.
I work it, carve it down in words here...yet, I do that so that I can leave it behind.
Like the old Candlebox song, far behind.
I like to leave some emotions here, and leave them in my past so I don't have to carry them on this journey.

So to answer a question, yes...I am happy.
Yes, I am sad.
But isn't that life?

27 turns to 28.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2007 11:04 AM , Blogger Melissa Ann Baker said...

    As we reach a new milestone
    it's easy to
    stop.
    reflect.
    Capture a moment
    when the world is
    still spinning by--
    And we wonder...
    What have we done with our time?
    Have we smiled more than frowned?
    Have we stolen quiet moments
    to be grateful?
    to find peace?
    Is today the best day of all?
    so far...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home