Journeys of A Man

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Beaded Sunlight

Beaded sunlight
Running water
Cuts like knives in this place

Empty highway
Moonless sky
Let me wipe the tears from your face

It is my time to get away
It is my time to fly away
Just chisel away the stone
Start digging the grave for me

Down off the roadside
Through the shadowed trees is where they built her room
Down off the waterside
She’s going to sleep well tonight

Hey it’s my time to get away
It’s my time to fly away
Just chisel away the stone
Start digging the grave for me

Cause the fences that I’ve built are too high to climb
And the crowding dusk is closing in
The weeds are growing and the sinners are digging
Away…
Away…
Away…
Away my grave

It’s my time to get away
Yes it’s my time to fly away
Just chisel away the stoneCause I’ve been left here for days all alone…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home